This page catalogs all the changes we have made in each version of BlogHoster.
Items that are in progress are listed in italics
- Bug Fix: Templates are left aligned in Firefox and Safari (Tunnel, Mexican Sunset, Aphid, Best Friend and Binder)
- Bug Fix: Fixed Avatar border is not properly displayed in Firefox and Safari (Tunnel, Mexican Sunset, Aphid, Best Friend and Binder)
- Bug Fix: Fixed Problem with apostrophe in the category
- Bug Fix: Fixed invalid bug: Password changed when moving user to another group
- Bug Fix: Fixed no line breaks in the confirmation email
- Bug Fix: Fixed Custom Profile Fields do not work
- Bug Fix: Fixed Warning messages on admin_users.php
- Bug Fix: Fixed Warning messages in user's pages
- Bug Fix: Solved problem of bounced-back BlogHoster emails being sent to incorrect email address. (admin/admin_emailall.php, admin/admin_useredit.php, manager/add_entry.php, manager/members.php, manager/support_email.php, login.php, post_comment.php, sendlink.php, signup.php)
- Bug Fix: Fixed registered user commenting bug. (post_comment.php)
- Bug Fix: Fixed spamming through Send Link feature. (sendlink.php, lang/lang_english.php)
- Bug Fix: Fixed custom upload folder issue. (manager/uploads.php)
- Bug Fix: Fixed security image display on Create Weblog. (manager/create_weblog.php)
- Bug Fix: Fixed HTML in Terms and Conditions, single-quote conversion to HTML entity, and other htmlspecialchars_decode() related problems. (functions.php, login.php, signup.php, preview.php, previewentry.php, post_comment.php, sendlink.php, manager/add_entry.php, manager/edit_entry.php, manager/edit_template.php, manager/members.php, manager/support_email.php, manager/support_faq.php, admin/admin_broadcast.php, admin/admin_emailall.php, admin_entryedit.php, admin_groups.php, admin_html.php, admin_useredit.php)
- Bug Fix: Fixed adding images to posts (manager/add_entry.php)
- Bug Fix: Fixed showing non-verified users in browse users. (browse.php)
- Bug Fix: Fixed content default for new entries bug. (manager/add_entry.php)
- Bug Fix: Fixed case-sensitive login names. (login.php)
- <IfCategoriesAllowed> template tag can now be used anywhere in the user template. (functions.php, manager/support_guide.php, lang/lang_english.php)
- Bug Fix: Fixed problem with posting an image from the Photos and Files area (uploads.php)
- Bug Fix: Posting images and podcasts now works correctly. (uploads.php)
- Bug Fix: RSS feeds are now enabled by default. (signup.php)
- Bug Fix: Moblogging now functions correctly instead of displaying a blank screen. (admin/admin_mobile.php)
- Bug Fix: The br tag will now work correctly when used in a comment. (post_comment.php)
- Bug Fix: Using single quotes in a comment now works correctly. (post_comment.php)
- Bug Fix: A vulnerability in BlogHoster has been identified and fixed. (manager_header.php)
- Bug Fix: Categories are now displayed alphabetically on a blog's home page. (functions.php)
- Bug Fix: RSS support with subdomain style urls now works correctly. (rss.php)
- Bug Fix: HTML tags now work in the FAQ. (support_faq.php)
- Bug Fix: Single quotes now work in all of the fields on the user groups page. (admin/users_groups.php)
- Bug Fix: Cyrillic characters can now be used for different categories. (manager/entry_cat.php)
- PHP can now be used in the top and bottom ads. (functions.php)
- Bug Fix: Fixed problem with HTML in User Group News (admin/admin_groups.php)
- Bug Fix: Fixed "From" address in system emails (admin/admin_emailall.php, admin/admin_useredit.php, manager/add_entry.php, manager/members.php, manager/support_email.php, login.php, post_comment.php, sendlink.php, signup.php)
- Restored cookie-based login system (signup.php, login.php, header.php, manager/changepass.php, manager/manager_header.php, manager/logout.php, admin/admin_login.php, admin/admin_header.php, admin/user_cookies.php, admin/admin_logout.php, admin/admin_changepass.php)
- Replaced SafeHTML class with custom function for protection against XSS attacks (manager/add_entry.php, manager/edit_entry.php, manager/edit_template.php, functions.php)
- Adding anti-XSS protection to BlogHoster. (manager/add_entry.php, manager/edit_entry.php, manager/edit_template.php, SafeHTML class)
- Adding pagination to browse page (browse.php)
- Fixed moblog entry title issue. (functions.php)
- Bug Fix: Fixed possibility of SQL injection attacks. (almost all PHP files)
- Replaced cookie-based login system with session-based login system. (admin/admin_changepass.php, admin/admin_header.php, admin/admin_login.php, admin/user_cookies.php, manager/changepass.php, manager/manager_header.php, header.php, login.php, signup.php)
- Bug Fix: Solved problem of BlogHoster emails being processed as junkmail by some email providers. (admin/admin_emailall.php, admin/admin_useredit.php, manager/add_entry.php, manager/members.php, manager/support_email.php, login.php, post_comment.php, sendlink.php, signup.php)
- Bug Fix: Fixed signup problem when all profile fields have been set to "Invisible on signup". (signup.php)
- Improved password retrieval system by adding a security question and answer. (manager/changepass.php, lang/lang_english.php, login.php, signup.php, MySQL database)
- FCKEditor incorporated into BlogHoster instead of old WYSIWYG editor (manager/add_entry.php, manager/attach.php, manager/edit_entry.php, manager/entry_image.php, manager/entry_link.php, manager/entry_table.php, manager/entry_tablecell.php, manager/entry_colorselector.php, lang/lang_english.php)
- Fixed bad links with subdomains on view profile page. (admin/admin_url.php, functions.php, MySQL database)
- Improved the security code image on signup/post comment/create weblog - now more secure with sessions. (signup.php, post_comment.php, functions.php, images/secure.php, manager/create_weblog.php)
- Bug Fix: Addressed non-US currency issue in PayPal payment process. (paypal.php)
- Bug Fix: Fixed infinite loop when viewing profile for non-existent user (header.php)
- Bug Fix: Fixed display problem related to multi-authoring weblogs (manager/index.php)
- Improvements made to the installation process. (installsql.php)
- Added a global rss feed for the entire BlogHoster installation. (rss_all.php)
Example Portal Pages
- Includes three example portal pages complete with images and PHP snippets for listing data.
- Improved security of admin login process.
- Reorganized country list and improved performance.
- Added diagnostic capabilities to moblogging files.
- Bug Fix: Fixed entry listing issue on archvies page, entry page, and blog index page.
- Bug Fix: Addressed field validation issue on create weblog page.
- Bug Fix: Minor changes made to .htaccess file and functions.php for subdomain URLs.
- Bug Fix: Double usernames in subdomain URLs on some servers.
- Bug Fix: Date formatting problem during signup process.
- Bug Fix: Fixed problem with previewing entries and comments.
- Bug Fix: Moblogging failed on servers with non-standard PHP/IMAP configuration.
- Bug Fix: Removed extra HTML tags on album and browse pages.
- Separated header/footer HTML fields for weblog manager and external pages.
- Added more date formats.
- Added support for subdomain weblog URLs.
- Users can now have multiple weblogs.
- Weblog owners can add other members (co-authors).
- Added photo albums.
- Added podcasting (including podcast RSS feed).
- Added PayPal integration, customizable payment plans and automated account upgrades.
- Improved file uploading system, now includes thumbnails.
- Added private message system.
- Improved user profile page.
- Added member search page, results include thumbnails.
- Added moblog (mobile blogging) capability.
- Added several new templates.
- Added calendar template variables.
- Added image upload feature directly on WYSIWYG entry composer.
- Improved horizontal menu system and default skin.
- Profile fields now linked on profile page, users can be listed by any field.
- Added a dashboard-style entry page, visible upon login.
- Bug Fix: Encryption issue fixed through the implementation of PHP's crypt() function.
- Added Trackback Support (sending and receiving).
- Added <%EntryAuthorAvatar%> variable.
- Added image uploading for avatars.
- Added different ads for different user groups.
- Added enable/disable account feature.
- Added more classes and removed most inline style tags.
- Made templates available on a per-group basis.
- Bug Fix: Fixed smilies popup error.
- Bug Fix: Fixed large-database backup error.
- Improved encryption to work with non-standard character encoding sets.
- Bug Fix: Fixed plain-text RSS feed to display full contents of entries.
- Bug Fix: Changed archives page to display properly in some windows servers.
- Added improved support for images in the .htaccess file
- Removed "Manage Categories" link from add/edit entry page, added to main menu.
- Bug Fix: Broken link on Manage Friends page.
- Bug Fix: Fixed spacing issue when editing entries with a Mozilla browser.
- Improved example template system (and removal of templates directory).
- Improved tip handling with new tip table.
- Added custom tips for the custom profile fields.
- Added ability to search entries from View Entries page.
- Added more search engine friendly title tags.
- Added site-feed URL variable <SiteFeedURL>.
- Added <Friends> </Friends> containers, with <%FriendUsername%>, <%FriendURL%>, and <%FriendProfileURL%> variables.
- Added search-users-by-email capability for admin.
- Added the ability for admin to resend verification email to new users.
- Added the option of limiting new users to a single email address domain.
- Added spam protection for comments (using random image generation).
- Added custom homepage URL for admin.
- Added announcement box (admin can post an announcement for a specific group which will appear on users' View Entries page).
- Added option for admin to disable a group's edit template page.
- Created "Links" as a custom profile field viewable on weblog.
- Added non-anonymous comments (users can enter a nickname).
- Added entry category mod.
- Added user interests in profile, linking users by interest keywords.
- Added ability for users in certain groups to select their own language.
- Added ability for users to see when they are on others' friends list from the Manage Friends page.
- Improved cookie security.
- Added friends latest entries page.
- Improved user listing in admin section.
- Improved date format (translatable months).
- Bug Fix: Changed mass delete of file uploads to delete files from server.
- Bug Fix: Changed mailing list settings to allow up to 30 email addresses.
- Bug Fix: Added support for birthdays before Jan. 1, 1970 for Windows Servers.
- Added smilies feature, with 35 default smilies.
- Added "Broadcast Entry" page for the administrator.
- Added support for servers without magic quotes enabled.
- Added multiple image posting from users' "File Uploads" page.
- Improved and shortened .htaccess file for subdirectory-style URLs.
- Bug Fix: Adding support for birthdays before Jan. 1, 1970
- Added subdirectory URLs for blogs using .htaccess
- Added "Remember Me?" feature on login page.
- Removed visible passwords from admin control panel.
- Added "File Uploads" page for users.
- Added gender statistics to "User Statistics" page for administrator.
- Added user agreement to new user signup process.
- Added randomly generated image for verification code on signup page.
- Added Total Logins to admin's quick stats, reorganized page.
- Advertisements can now be inserted above and below users' weblogs.
- Improved ad insertion - no longer dependent on the presence of HTML tags in the template.
- IP addresses now recorded upon user signup.
- Added banning features for administrator.
- Added <SendThisLink> tag for weblog templates.
- Restructured the language pack to reduce load time.
- Adding configurable time/date and birthday formats for the administrator.
- Removed administrator's manual from admin panel.
- Welcome emails now wait until new user's email address has been verified (if enabled).
- Added random code to verification link URLs.
- Passwords are now fully encrypted.
- Admin's Email All Users page now sends emails over multiple page executions.
- Added bad word filtering for entries, comments, and profiles.
- Added banned IPs field on user General Settings page.
- Added pinging features for users.
- Added weblog categories, specifiable by the administrator.
- Removed allowance for HTML in comments.
- Fixed all line-height properties in templates to accomodate large text.
- Added user groups.
- Bug Fix: When a parent entry is deleted, comments are also deleted.
- Bug Fix: Highlighted menu items now use CSS class td.item2 instead of hardcoded color.
- Bug Fix: Entry privacy now applies to RSS feeds.
- Added "Email All Users" page for administrator.
- Added "User Statistics" page for administrator.
- Added "Language Packs" feature for administrator.
- Added "New User Welcome Emails" feature for administrator.
- Added "New User Email Address Verification" feature for administrator.
- Added "Site Feed (RSS)" page for users.
- Increased administrator's access log view to 200 logins.
- Version number now displayed on admin's summary page.
- Updated the administrator's manual.
- Removed yourheaderhere.gif from default user-side header HTML.
- Bug Fix: Some users could not download a database backup.
- Fixed missing avatar bug on non-index pages.
- Added "View Access Log" page for the administrator.
- Added "Banners" feature (automatic HTML insertion on weblogs).
- Added "Banner Settings" page for the administrator.
- Updated the administrator's manual.